Friday, December 21, 2012

Embracing imperfection

Feeling good. Feeling great actually.

My life is travelling along well. No, it isn't perfect - not a lot in the world is.

I am still struggling with some head/thinking issues, plus a few too many 'sometimes' foods are sneaking in daily - but overall, life is grand.
Not perfect.

This is something that has taken me a long time to learn, and I am still learning it - not everything you do has to be perfect. You don't have to have the perfect house. The perfect workout. The perfect menu plan/nutrition. The perfect life.

It doesn't exist.

So much of my procrastination has stemmed from this concept. Come on - you know how it works. The overthinking.

The "paralysis by analysis"
It's my biggest downfall, and something I still struggle with every day.
Instead of just getting on with it, you over think until the job/task never gets done.

Well now I am embracing my imperfection. Learning to let go of the perfectionist, and seriously JFDI. Just getting on with it. Doing what I can, and feeling satisfaction in that.

And just loving the balance that comes with this. I am getting some cleaning done. Some workouts. Some art/craft (me time). Feeding the body mostly well - 95% of the time i would say (thanks must go to my wonderful husband for this one mostly - he is just brilliant, and has really embraced this year of change and lifestyle enhancements).

For possibly the first time in my adult life - I can honestly say,

I AM CONTENT.

And it feels so peaceful.




6 comments:

  1. Well done Trace. Such important lessons that I must take time to learn one day..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tracey, I think this is your best blog post yet. Seems so well balanced and positive. Best wishes for Christmas for you and your family. What will your 2013 journey look like? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one Tracey.. so simple yet so real being a "perfectionist" myself its easy to relate to this,.. great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Tracy, so much of your journey is my journey too. This is one lesson I am still working on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracey I enjoy reading your blog posts, I find them so inspirational, and love that you are sharing your story.
    I have nominated you for a blog award

    http://mishsmash.wordpress.com/2012/12/24/a-versatile-blogger-nomination/

    ReplyDelete